Saturday, February 1, 2014

Revolver Cafe - Annandale

A cafe with a Victorian charm amalgamated with modern day elements in a very laid back suburban space! This is 'Revolver' for you. On the verge of being a pub to a general store and now a popular cafe, the Revolver cafe building has had a pretty intriguing history. No wonder, Annandale locals simply adore this place. Like so many of its patrons, I too had an astounding experience at Revolver. The food and the hospitality simply raised the bar for me.

Food critics have already labelled Revolver as the place for the favourite burger in Sydney but this is not what my taste buds were craving for, on that Saturday morning. Out for a brunch with my mates, I was after an ideal meal comprising of fresh juices, veggies, eggs and a mug of soothing coffee. The menu at Revolver provided me just that.

The 'Veggie Big Breakfast' had the classic baked eggs, the freshness of avocado, the smokiness of eggplant, the creaminess of ricotta, luscious beetroot relish, roasted tomatoes and beans with sourdough toast on the side.




My wife went for the opposite! Freshness minus the richness. 'The Trout Rosti'! Smoked ocean trout with the invigorating avocado layered with baby spinach, the sweetness of red capsicum and the sourness of corn rosti made this dish delectable.


To end the brunch on a high note I required the ultimate caffeine kick and the awakening skimmed latte exactly did the trick for me.



So no plans for next weekend? You exactly know where to go!!

The Revolver Cafe

291 Annandale St
Annandale NSW 2038

Tel No: +61 2 9555 4727

Website for more info: Revolver Cafe
Revolver on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keen to hear your views!!